Dear Fellow students,
As you may be aware, the HGC unanimously voted to support sending a letter of disappointment to President Faust concerning graduate student ticket pricing for the Harvard-Yale (H/Y) football game. You will find the submitted letter attached to this email. In the letter, HGC stressed both the high cost of the ticket prices as well as the lack of a dedicated graduate student seating section. The overarching theme of the letter was of inclusion.
We are pleased to report that graduate students' concerns were heard by the Harvard Athletics department. We ask that you share the following information with your respective student bodies, as you deem appropriate:
- Graduate Seating Section: A new graduate student seating section has been created adjacent to the undergraduate seating section, with the aim of creating one united student seating section.
- New Ticket Purchasers: Any graduate student wishing to sit in the graduate seating section should use promo code: GRAD16 and choose section 18 in the seating map. The lower area in section 18 is $75 per ticket and the upper section is $50. The following link takes you to the purchase website:https://tickets.gocrimson.com/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=11B0DCD6-05AC-4759-AF95-70B184A3D972
- Existing Ticket Holders: Graduate students that have already purchased regular tickets can call the ticket office at at 617-495-2211 to receive a complimentary seating change to the new graduate student section. NOTE: HBS and HLS have prearranged dedicated seating sections for their schools. These seating sections are now part of the graduate seating section, but students from those schools should be directed to use their schools' respective purchasing code, for tracking purposes.
- Ticket Sales and Distribution: Harvard Athletics has agreed to make staff available to visit each graduate school to assist with ticket purchasing and distribution, a service offered to undergraduate students. If your school is interested please reach out to Nick Majocha (email@example.com), the Assistant Director for Athletics, and also kindly CC firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Harvard Athletics Partnership: Harvard Athletics is interested in partnering with graduate students to create events that are tailored for our students while also supporting our Harvard student athletes. Nick and his staff will attend the November 7th HGC meeting (7:30pm at WCC 1010) to present their ideas and engage in Q&A. I encourage all of you to attend the first 30 minutes of the meeting to learn more.
Finally, the issue of ticket price was tabled for the time being as it would be logistically impractical to reimburse graduate student tickets that were already purchased at full-price. However, Harvard Athletics has agreed to engage with HGC during the price-setting of the next H/Y game and we will solicit broad graduate student input at that time.