Carlos Gonzalez Sierra, Harvard Law School, Harvard Kennedy School
Carlos Gonzalez Sierra is a fourth-year student in the joint Juris Doctor and Master in Public Policy program between Harvard Law School and Harvard Kennedy School. Born in the Dominican Republic, Carlos and his family immigrated to Pennsylvania when he was eleven. With hard work, tenacity, and the support of others, Carlos overcame the language barrier, financial hardship, and undocumented status to graduate with honors from community college and Amherst College. He later earned graduate degrees from the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom and Tsinghua University in China.
Carlos is passionate about public service. Before Harvard, he worked as a community organizer, congressional staffer, policy advocate, and nonprofit director. Carlos also served on municipal and statewide governmental boards in Pennsylvania.
At Harvard, he is a member of the Harvard Journal on Legislation and serves as a J.D. Admissions Fellow. Carlos enjoys true crime documentaries, dancing to bachata and other genres of Latin American music, and going on walks with his Shiba Inu, Rocko. After completing his degrees, he plans to practice law in Washington, DC.
- Peter Choi (HMS) 2021-2022
- Chanthia Ma (HMS), 2020-2021
- Bryan O. Buckley (HSPH), 2019-2020
- Max Vani (GSAS), 2018-2019
- Kevin Tian (SEAS/GSAS), 2017-2018
- Peter Dyrud (GSAS/HKS), 2016-2017
- Mikal R. Mann (HGSE), 2015-2016
- Sudipta "Nila" Devanath (HLS), 2014-2015
- Philip Harding (HKS), 2013-2014
- Scott Chilton (GSAS), 2012-2013
- Joseph Pasqualichio (HBS), 2011-2012
- Pukar Malla (HKS), 2010-2011
- Aaron Chadbourne (HLS/HBS), 2009-2010
- Christopher Laconi (HKS/HBS), 2007-2009
- Cheng Zhu (HGSE), 2006-2007
- John Kalis (HDS), 2005-2006
- Mey Akashah (HSPH), 2004-2005
- Beata Zolovska-Lewis (HMS), 2003-2004