Founder and President of Crocus Group
Aras Agalarov founded the company Crocus International in 1989. Today the total area of projects realized by the company exceeds 4 million square meters.
Agalarov was one of the minds behind the development of Crocus City, a satellite city of Moscow. At present, this city now features the largest exhibition center in Russia, Crocus Expo, (a total area of 1,040,000 m2); Crocus City Hall, a concert venue with a capacity of 7,500 seats; the retail-entertainment shopping center, VEGAS (285,000 m2); Tvoy Dom home and garden superstore (105,924 m2); Crocus City Mall luxury shopping center (62,000 m2), Oceanarium (12,000 m2); Vegas City Hall (a second concert venue adaptable for circus performances and shows on ice). Construction is currently underway for the Manhattan mixed-use residential and commercial complex, as well as an.
In addition to these activities, Crocus Group serves as the General Contractor for the construction of the stadiums for the 2018 F.I.F.A. World Cup Championship in Rostov-on-Don and Kaliningrad, as well as the General Contractor for the construction of the first stage of the TsKAD (Central Ring Highway).
Aras Agalarov became the first private investor in Russia to finance the construction of a station for the Moscow Metro System, when he helped to build the Myakinino Metro, which opened in 2009 on site at Crocus City.
Crocus Group also served as the General Contractor for the construction of the Far Eastern Federal University on Russky Island, which was host to the 2012 APEC Summit. This project was scaled according to a strategic plan that also took into account the specifications necessary for the University’s educational, housing, and auxiliary facilities, which occupy over 950,000 m2 over an area of 210 hectares. The resulting complex features an unparalleled level of comfort in the student dormitories, as well as a host of innovative solutions in the overall design and engineering.
In 2014, the company oversaw the construction of the Pavshinsky Footbridge, which spans two sides of the Moscow River, linking the Krasnogorsk suburb of the Pavshinsky Floodplain (with a population of 45,000 people) with the shopping and exhibition facilities within the satellite city Crocus City.
As Founder and President of Crocus Group, Aras Agalarov remains active in the community as a Board Member of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, the Vice President of the All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress, and the Founder of the Muslim Magomaev Cultural and Musical Heritage Foundation.
Aras Agalarov holds a doctorate in economic sciences and continues to pursue his creative work and research, while lecturing at Moscow's top universities.
CROCUS GROUP’S PORTFOLIO:
- Crocus City, Satellite City of Moscow
- Crocus Expo International Exhibition Center
- Crocus City Hall concert venue
- Myakinino Metro Station Manhattan Mixed-Use Residential-Commercial Complex (construction ongoing, with 14 towers planned)
- VEGAS chain of retail-entertainment complexes, including VEGAS Crocus City, VEGAS Kashirskoye Shosse, and VEGAS Kuntsevo (opening in 2017)
- VEGAS City Hall concert venue
- Crocus City Oceanarium
- Tvoy Dom chain of home and garden superstores
- Crocus City Mall luxury shopping center
- Crocus Fashion, comprising namebrand boutiques like Sergio Rossi (two stores), G-Star Raw (two stores), Casadei, Le Silla, Alberto Guardiani, Artioli, Santoni, Cesare Paciotti, John Varvatos, DeNoVo, Tony Ward, Giuseppe Zanotti, Ravazzolo, and Tardini, as well as two Crocus Stock boutiques
- Crocus Atelier Couture, an atelier of hand-tailored apparel
- U-BOAT brand of luxury watches (three boutiques)
- Restaurant portfolio, Restaurants by Crocus Group
- Agalarov Estate suburban estate and golf club
- Sea Breeze, an elite housing development in Azerbaijan
- Agalarov House residential complex in Moscow
- BOXCITY retail project
- Crocus Logistics customs terminal and logistics center
- Crocus Insurance
- Crocus Steamship
Crocus Group’s Other Distinctions:
- General Contractor for the Construction of Stadiums for the 2018 F.I.F.A. World Cup Championship in Kaliningrad and Rostov-on-Don
- General Contractor for the Construction of the First Stage of the TsKAD (Central Ring Highway)
- General Contractor for the construction of the Pavshinsky Footbridge (Krasnogorsk, Moscow Oblast)
- General Contractor for the Far Eastern Federal University on Russky Island (built for the 2012 APEC Summit, the first to occur in Russia)
- The first Russian company to build a station of the Moscow metropolitan system (Myakinino) using private funds
- Organizer of the 2013 Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow